Black rice with veggies and sesame seeds oil is a flavorful and healthy dish that combines the goodness of whole grain black rice with a variety of colorful vegetables and the nutty flavor of sesame oil and seeds. Black rice, also known as forbidden rice, is a type of rice that is packed with nutrients and antioxidants, making it a great addition to any diet.
1. WASH RICE WELL. ADD 1 CUP OF WATER, SALT, 1/4 TEASPOON OF OLIVE OIL.
2. COOK ON LOW FLAME UNTIL RICE IS WELL DONE. FLUFF WITH FORK AND SET ASIDE. HEAT PAN, ADD SESAME OIL
3. IN THE SAME PAN ADD BUTTER/OLIVE OIL. ADD GARLIC AND SAUTE FOR 30 SECONDS.
4. ADD GREEN CHILIES AND CHOPPED ONIONS AND SAUTE ON MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL ONIONS ARE TRANSLUCENT.
5. ADD CHOPPED VEGETABLES AND SAUTE ON HIGH HEAT UNTIL VEGGIES ARE CRISPLY COOKED. ABOUT 3 MINUTES.
6. ADD TAMARIND SAUCE AND TURN OFF THE STOVE SPRINKLE SESAME SEEDS OVER BLACK RICE AND SERVE WITH A GENEROUS SERVING OF STIRFRY VEGGIES.